Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Alternatives?

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Alternatives?

I have been having severe pain in my Thoracic spine between T5-T7. It is a burning, pinching and aching pain that is often numb to the left of my spine. I've had an MRI showing mild spondylosis and a syrinx running from T3-T12, but no doctor believes it is prominent enough be the cause of my pain. I went to a pain specialist who believes the pain coming from those facet joints. He sent me to a chiropractor who said i have several rotated vertebrae in my neck and upper back. They suggest facet joint injections. I realize this is only a temporary solution to the pain and I am only 21 years old. Many people I've talked to through the hospital I work in do not think it is such a good idea because I am pretty young to be getting these injections...also, the chiropractic treatment i'm receiving is only seeming to make it worse...
I'm not a fan of injections either. I'm not sure what type of chiropractic you're receiving, but you might consider finding an Upper Cervical specialist in the Scottsdale area. Here's a link of doctors in Arizona: http://tinyurl.com/c2adwk

Upper Cervical Care may be a good avenue to pursue at this point.

Adam Tanase, D.C.
www.drtanase.com
Why do you think upper cervical care would help? Would that help my thoracic region?

Right now, the chiropractor I'm seeing it doing decompressions, realignments and some soft tissue work on my neck. There's not a whole lot to it, but I didn't know if there's more?
Head/neck misalignment alters the biomechanics of the cervical spine. The gravitational forces being applied as a result of this can cause compensatory changes in the thoracic area.

Realign the head and neck properly, and the pressure within the thoracic spine goes away.

Adam Tanase, D.C.
www.drtanase.com