Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Awful right shoulder blade/neck pain, worse after waking & during s...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Awful right shoulder blade/neck pain, worse after waking & during sleep

I am 29 yrs old, in good health - I have never had any kind of neck or shoulder injury, but for the past month or so I've had this awful pain along my right shoulder blade and neck. I wake up several times during the night due to pain, and it always hurts the worst in the morning right when I get up. While resting, it is dull/achy, but if I turn my neck downwards or to the right I feel a sharp stab along the shoulder blade. When this first started, I thought it was just one of those "sleeping wrong" aches, but is this normal to persist and/or worsen for a month now? It is really getting bad, particularly at work, where I sit behind a computer and do a lot of typing. Any ideas?