Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Back hip pain

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Back hip pain

A few months ago I started experiencing a sharp pain located on the left side of my back, above my hip. I feel the pain if I move my hip too quickly or if I move it a certain way. It\\\'s extremely painful and if I sit for more then ten minutes at a time, I'm unable to stand up straight for a few minutes because the pain is too intense when I do so. It feels as though it's a nerve is getting pinched but I really have no clue as to what the problem is. I figured I should go straight to a chiropractor, but I don't know if this is something that has to be handled elsewhere. Does it sound like something simple that can be fixed or is it a long-term problem ?
It sounds to be like a fairly common structural problem. I would start by seeing a reputable chiropractor in the area.
A related discussion, Visit chirpractor at early stage of the problem was started.