Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Back pain radiating thru to the stomach??

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Hello. I am a 26 year old 5 month post-partum mother ( Delivery by c-section ). I haven't had any problems up until about 3 1/2 weeks ago. The mattress my husband and I were sleeping on, had springs poking me!!! So of course my lower back was KILLING me in the morning. Well about 3 1/2 weeks ago my stomach started hurting ( along with the back pain ) Scared that I was having problems with my appendix or gallbladder...I went to the ER. Had an x-ray done of my lower abdomen, which of course revealed nothing...blood work was fine...etc. They sent me home. A week later, here I am...still having the same back/stomach ache. I went to the DR. yesterday and he sent me right back to the ER to have my whole abdomen scanned with an ultrasound...which revealed nothing once again. I am currently waiting on my "extensive" blood work results. Has anybody else experienced back pain that has radiated through into the stomach? Mine is located right at the base of my right rib cage and my stomach hurts about 2 inches to the right of my belly button ( which would be right in front of the place where my back hurts) I'm sure this is all just a "pulled muscle" Or a very bruised lower back from that mattress, however I can't help but worry that it might be something more. We did however put a mattress cover on about a week ago and sleep couldn't be better...any suggestions on the stomach part of it though?
I don't believe this is caused by your mattress. I'd consult with a gastroenterologist. They'll take a closer look at the small/large bowel to determine if there are any irregularities in the digestive tract.
i have same problem at times with pain coming from my back moving to the front but i got a messed up back that im trying to figure out how to fix
I recently got the results back from the Doctor concerning my blood tests...everything was normal...So I'm really confused now as to what could be causing the pain. I suppose it could be a pulled muscle however today after I ate dinner, I felt like someone had literally punched me in my stomach!!! But then after about 20 minutes the pain subsided and went away. It's really frustrating b/c nobody seems to know why my stomach is hurting me. The doctor told me to come back in about 2 weeks for a follow up...so I'm guessing he's determined it's nothing serious...My family suggested maybe it's an ulcer however the blood work would've determined that...I dunno what it is