Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
C7 Compressed disc & bone spur

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

C7 Compressed disc & bone spur
I have had an MRI which shows a compressed disc & bone spur at C7.  Is it customary to experience pain in the chest with this type of diagnosis?  It appears to be muscle pain and is accompanied by characteristic pain & weakness down my left arm with pain in my neck.  I'm down to 2 Advil a day for the neck & shoulder pain but am wondering if I could be experiencing heart issues...kinda' freaked out.
I would say that the problem that may have caused the compressed disc and bone spur at C7 could also be contributing to the muscle pain, arm weakness and chest pain. Biomechanically, I've not seen an isolated C7 being the cause of problems... typically, in order for C7 to degenerate as it has, a series of other changes to the cervical spine have occurred as well.

I recommend finding a cervical specialist through this website: www.UpCspine.com -- there's a referral directory there.