Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Can't breathe when I lay down

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Can't breathe when I lay down
So, ever since I can remember I have had trouble breathing when I lay down. It only lasts for a couple of seconds though. At first when I lay down I get this pain in my upper back and I'm not able to get full breaths of air until it calm down after a few seconds. It happens whenever or wherever I lay down, and I have had severe pneumonia before and one of my lungs collapsed during that, but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.