Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Cracking Sound From My Shoulder?

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Cracking Sound From My Shoulder?
when i move my right hand up & down, i hear this cracking sound coming from my right shoulder. Is this normal? if yes why does it only happen in my right hand and not the left one?

like when i keep my arms straight at shoulder height, and move my hand up i hear the cracking sound.

thank you
These sounds are referred to as joint cavitations. They occur when a joint has been mechanically stressed. In certain joints they're normal, in others, they're not. It could be signs of a developing instability of the joint.

thank you doctor for the answer

do you think i should get it checked? my mom has the
same thing with her legs and tells me that its normal but im kind of worried. mine is coming from my shoulders
You should definitely go to a doctor and check it out.
A related discussion, Shoulder movement and cracking was started.