Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Different types of traction for different discs
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Different types of traction for different discs

I have symptoms consistent with impingement of a nerve between C6-C7.  I bought and have been using a posture pump which creates traction by strapping your head back and inflating a bladder into the arch of your neck http://www.****.com/1000.aspx.  My question is, is this the best type of traction for C6-C7 since this disk is below the arch of the neck.  I wonder if I may would benefit from a device that creates more of a force of lifting the head straight out from the shoulders sort of like these over the door type devices.  Also, how would an inversion table compare for traction benefits.  Thanks :)
514494_tn?1376514748
Traction pumps are "ok" in my opinion, but I don't usually encourage patients to buy them. The restoration of one's cervical curve can be far more in-depth.

I feel the same way about inversion tables. They can be useful, but I don't recommend them for improving disc spaces in the cervical spine.

Have you consulted with a reputable chiropractor in your area yet? That would be my first recommendation. A professional assessment would help determine what's really going on, and may provide longer lasting results than the products you mentioned.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
514494_tn?1376514748
Adam Tanase, D.C.Blank
St Louis Chiropractor: www.drtanase.com
St. Louis, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now