Different types of traction for different discs
I have symptoms consistent with impingement of a nerve between C6-C7.  I bought and have been using a posture pump which creates traction by strapping your head back and inflating a bladder into the arch of your neck http://www.****.com/1000.aspx.  My question is, is this the best type of traction for C6-C7 since this disk is below the arch of the neck.  I wonder if I may would benefit from a device that creates more of a force of lifting the head straight out from the shoulders sort of like these over the door type devices.  Also, how would an inversion table compare for traction benefits.  Thanks :)
Traction pumps are "ok" in my opinion, but I don't usually encourage patients to buy them. The restoration of one's cervical curve can be far more in-depth.

I feel the same way about inversion tables. They can be useful, but I don't recommend them for improving disc spaces in the cervical spine.

Have you consulted with a reputable chiropractor in your area yet? That would be my first recommendation. A professional assessment would help determine what's really going on, and may provide longer lasting results than the products you mentioned.