Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Does parkinsons disease cause curvature of the spine

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

My mum has parkinsons, I have noticed that her spine appears to be curved. Her head rests on her chin and she has to look up, thios has happened over the last 4 months. Her neck is continually sore, we have tried massage to try to alleviate the soreness and acupuncture. She has the classic parkinsons ailments and has been on treatement for 2 years. She is 71 years old, but she is becoming upset that her neck is sore and she would like to walk more upright. What can be done about it,

I am hoping there is a solution to her discomfort?

Can someone please help?

Thank-you

Tony
If you're mom is 71, I would think that her neck pain stems from spinal degeneration that probably started long before her Parkinson's symptoms. Not the other way around.

If you can find a reputable chiropractor in your area, it would be worth taking your mom in for a consultation.