Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Fever after adjustment

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Fever after adjustment
Can a chiropractic adjustment cause fever? I just had one a little while ago, the first in several years, to help with SI joint pain, and on the way home I suddenly felt flushed and achy, like I had the flu. When I checked my temp it was 99.5. Would this be a result of the adjustment? (Toxins releasing, all that)

TIA
The effects of a chiropractic adjustment can boost immune function. Fever is a defense mechanism of your immune system.

I wouldn't expect this response to happen after EVERY adjustment, but it does happen from time to time.

Don't sweat it ;)
Thanks for answering so quickly! I do feel better today, so I guess that was it. And I'm glad to know it won't happen every time!