Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
LEFT SHOULDER AND ARM PAIN

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

LEFT SHOULDER AND ARM PAIN
7 days ago I went to my Osteopath with pain in my left shoulder and arm and he advised it was a trapped nerve in my neck around C4 and my neck is in spasm. He explained how this was affecting my back and why the pain was showing where it was. After 2 trips and manipulations from him and 2 setions of acupuncture, 2 trips to the hospital and 3 to my Dr I am now on Diclafenac and Tramadol. Although the pain has eased slightly and it is not as often ( comes and gos in spasms ) I am still getting alot of pain and am at my whits end.
I work in an office at a desk and have excellent posture so I was just wondering if there is anything else that I can do or try to help with the pain. I have thought about a TENS machine but dont know if this would help at all.
Many thanx
Kelly
For this case, I'd recommend finding an Upper Cervical specialist, if indeed their is a nerve-related issue at C4. You can find a referral in your area on this website: www.UpCspine.com.

Warm wishes,
AT