Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Ongoing pains in my chest, around the breast area

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Help!  Over the past few years I've been experiencing prolonged pains in my chest.  They are usually located in and around my left breast, but it will sometimes occur towards the middle of my chest.  The pain is sharp-ish, it's not a crushing pain at all, it is not affected by my breathing, it comes at varying times of the day - it has never woken me during the night.  It makes me want to rub at my breast area and press the surrounding tissue – this can cause localised stabbing pains where I am pressing, the tissue around my left breast can be quite tender.  The tissue around my right breast does not feel this way at all.

I sometimes get cramp in the muscles between my ribs but that is a much sharper pain, much more painful, that comes with inhaling and exhaling.  I do suffer from indigestion, but this pain occurs whether I've recently eaten or not.  I am asthmatic and have been using the same meds for years with no problems; I am also epileptic and have taken the same med for years with no obvious side effects.  I am not overweight, my cholesterol is fine, and my blood tests are all fine (I presume this would indicate that I don’t have cancer?).  I've been admitted to hospital for tests when I've experienced this pain previously where they did blood/gas tests to ensure it was not heart related, these tests were all fine too.  Exercise does not bring on the pain either.

Anyone else experienced pain like this?!  I am very confused, and obviously concerned – an unidentifiable pain in the chest is not a nice thing to live with!
1 Comment
I expierience that same thing in my right breast! Have it right now actually :(

Very concerning, but I am sure it is something to do with nerves or back aches.