Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Osteopenia
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Osteopenia

I recently found out that I have osteopenia in my spine with a score of -1.9.  I'm having lower back pain and have always gone to a chiropractor for back pain.  Is it safe for me to get adjustments or am I risking injury?
Related Discussions
514494_tn?1376514748
There are many different chiropractic techniques available to you that are perfectly fine for patients with osteopenia and osteoporosis.

I'm not sure what specific method your current chiropractor uses, but most are gentle enough. Be sure to inform your doctor of the recent -1.9 score, though.

Adam Tanase, D.C.
www.drtanase.com
3 Comments
Blank
My chiropractor uses a really aggressive technique, but I will let him know about my score.  Can you describe the methods that would be appropriate for osteopenia?  Thanks for your response.
Blank
514494_tn?1376514748
There are a number of different methods... Upper Cervical techniques, as well as instrument-based techniques are advised. Here are a few:

Upper Cervical:
Blair, NUCCA, Grostic, AO, Palmer Upper Cervical Specific

Instrument-based:
Activator, Pro-Adjuster, Arthro-Stim

Adam Tanase, D.C.
www.drtanase.com
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
514494_tn?1376514748
Adam Tanase, D.C.Blank
St Louis Chiropractor: www.drtanase.com