Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Pain and stiffness in Hip

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Pain and stiffness in Hip

Hello I was wondering if I could get your take on what you think this might be.

I am a 47 year old female in good health.  I talk Prozac for an anxiety disorder which seems to be under control.  My problem in pain and stiffness in my left hip area.  I don't notice is as much when I am walking but when I have been sitting for any period of time and get up my hip area is stiff and sore.  I remember I had this in both hips years ago but it seemed to go away and now I really noticed it in my left hip the last couple of months.  Also I was experimenting on putting my weight on each leg from side to side and I really notice it when I put my weight on my left hand side and it gets worse when I move my hip a little further out.  Do you think this is something that a chiropractor should look at or a family doctor?  What do you think it might be?
It would be a good idea to consult with a local chiropractor, Carrie.

Evidently, there's some form of structural/mechanical imbalance in the hip/pelvic area... chiropractic care is a wonderful idea.

Warm wishes,
AT