Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Painful popping in neck

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Painful popping in neck

I have been having neck problems for about a year now. I was going to a chiropractor and it seemed to get better. My neck was just hurting really bad where it meets the skull, primarily on the right side. It has been about 6 months since I saw my chiropractor since I have been feeling better. However, about a week ago my neck started hurting again. I have never been able to get my neck to pop myself but lately it seems to pop all the time. Almost everytime I bend over it pops and it hurts really bed when it does. It also does it everynow and then when I lift my right arm. I'm really not sure what to do. I don't want to go the chiropractor again, the lady I was seeing would pop everything and while I felt better afterwards, it kinda hurt during the process. I don't even like it when my knuckles pop, more less my entire body. Not to mention, she always wants to see me 3x's a week and I have to pay my $30 copay everytime. I just don't have $90 a week that I can set aside to get my neck cracked. Any advice would be appreciated.
If you can find an Upper Cervical doctor in your area (www.UpCspine.com) you can still receive chiropractic care without the twisting, popping, and discomfort that you aren't fon of with the previous doctor.

Also, these doctors don't generally require frequent follow-up visits, so you'll likely be seen less often.

Something to consider...

www.drtanase.com