Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Pulled muscles and lymph nodes

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Pulled muscles and lymph nodes

I am 27 year old female. About 8 months ago we moved and I think I may have pulled a muscle in my arm. It started getting pains and such and extended to my shoulder, neck and back area. This was on my left side. About 6 years ago I hurt my back at work on the same side but it healed after only a bit of physical therapy. For the past 8 months my pain on the left side of my body has gotten worse. Sometimes it extends down to my left leg and foot like a shooting but pulsating pain/ache down the back of my leg. I often feel cramps, aches, tingling and even cold sensations in my left arm, armpit, shoulder, back and neck. I went to a cardiologist to make sure it wasn't my hurt and he said my heart was just fine. Last week I was feeling around under my arm and felt some knots. I have the same on the other side/right side of my arm but on the left they are much bigger. I am assuming they are lymph nodes. My question is, would a pulled muscle or similar cause the lymph nodes in that area to swell?
I wouldn't really blame pulled muscles for swollen lymph nodes.

For peace of mind, consult with a neurologist regarding the tingling/cold sensations, and the fact that all of this is focused on the same side of the body.

After he gives you the nod that everything's clear, consider finding a natural health specialist in your area who focuses on body detoxification.

Warm wishes,
AT
Can you tell me why you recommend a natural doctor and detoxification? I am not against any of that, I was just curious to know why you suggested it, was there something I mentioned in my symptoms?
Lymph channels can get blocked or sluggish when someone is fighting off a chronic infection. If they're blocked, they become tender and palpable. It is possible that, assuming there are no other underlying issues, detoxification could boost your immune system and flush out the lymph nodes in your body.

Typically, holistic/"alternative" health practitioners are the people who are offering it.

Warm wishes,
AT