Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Right Arm/Shoulder pain/symptoms
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Right Arm/Shoulder pain/symptoms

years ago I developed right arm pain after my daughter was born. I was using this arm alot to hold her for breastfeeding and she slept on my right foreman for 3 months straight. I developed a bump on my right hand/wrist. I saw a hand surgeon who tried cortison injections. I then had a tendon release and bone spurs shaved. The pain persisted. I saw another hand surgeon who did a wrist arthroscopy and found 3 torn wrist ligaments and repaired them with Kirschner wires. Again no pain relief. This doctor moved out of state so I saw a 3rd hand surgeon who thought it might be radial nerve entrapment due to the pain being worst in my foreman. I had a radial nerve release surgery. Again, no pain relief. I saw a pain doc who did a nerve block thru my neck. It didnt help, he offered me Methadone but I declined. I have been on all the nerve meds with no relief. The past few years the pain has been be really bad in y right shoulder as well. The front of my should near the chest area and the shoulder blade. I am unable to wear a bra strap as this increases the shoulder/arm pain. The pain in constant and worse with activity such as brushing my hair, cooking/stirring, lifting, writing, swimming, carrying anything. The right hand/arm is always freezing cold and my hand/fingers are swollen 24/7.I cannot sleep on my right side. I want to get rid of pain and figure out what is the cause. I do not believe it is the arm anymore. Im wondering if it could be due to a cervical problem or Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. A CT Angio of my brain/neck showed modest cervical spondylsis. I was recently diagnosed with 3 herniated lumber disk and 2 labral tears. I have 23yr history of Rheumatoid Arthritis. I dont know where I should go from here.
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank