Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Right Flank irratation
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Right Flank irratation

I have been diagnosed with Spinaltheliosis stage 1.  I have found that weight loss has helped to reduce discomfort in my back and in my lower spine.  However, I have started to have some irratation in my right flank area.  It is not continuous but occurs often enough on a daily basis.  My doctor has done a full blood work up and my kidney and liver are fine, but I have a very high Uric Acid levels.  Could the elevated Uric Acid level be causing some of this right flank irratation?  It doesnt really bother me much while I am still, but when I wake up in the morning and occassionally when I drive I feel it more often.  I do not feel it when I am active.  Again, I am not experiencing pain....just some irratability in that area.  I am trying to lose some more weight to see if that will help to decrease the level of irration I am experiencing.  Any Ideas?

Thank you

Rick
Related Discussions
  • pain in knee (1 replies):
    hi, myself 28 yrs male I am feeling pain in my both...[more]
  • Arthirits
    I am 29 yrs male from India. I am Vegeterain. I have kne...[more]
  • Why (2 replies):
    Latey I have been woken up through the night with very ...[more]
  • Swollen foot (1 replies):
    Dear Dr. Do: My left foot was swollen for the past fu...[more]
  • ortho (1 replies):
    I am 38 years old male. I am having leg pain, recently I...[more]
514494_tn?1376514748
I can't tell you for sure that this would cause flank pain. It's good that your kidneys and liver are clear.

Obesity, excessive alcohol use, diets high in purines (anchovies, organ meats), certain drugs (including aspirin, diuretics, and high blood pressure meds), and even diseases like psoriasis can all cause high uric acid levels.

Losing weight may help you quite a bit, so stay committed to it.

Warm wishes,
AT
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
514494_tn?1376514748
Adam Tanase, D.C.Blank
St Louis Chiropractor: www.drtanase.com
St. Louis, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker