Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Scoliosis?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Scoliosis?

Hello, I am an 18 year old former athlete who has wen having back pain since around the age of 15. My biological mother has scoliosis and had surgical rods placed in her back. My question is should I be concerned of having the same disorder? Recently I have been having more back pain and feel as if I have several vertebra's out of place. How long does it take to form scoliosis? My last x-ray was at the age of 16 and I had showed no signs then.
Any answers would be much appericiated!
514494_tn?1376514748
I'm not of the opinion that scoliosis is a familial condition. Although I do recommend that you get periodic checkups to evaluate you posture and spinal health from a reputable chiropractor or physical therapist in your area.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank