Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Severe SI Joint Dysfunction

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Severe SI Joint Dysfunction
I have SI Joint Dysfunction, severe for 5 years now, right more so than the left. I also have 18 tarlov cysts, fawcett disease, bilateral hip bursitis and psoas muscle atrophy. I have had SI Joint injections, PT, acupuncture to name a few with little if any relief. The pain is so severe I am unable to continue my professional career and experience difficulty walking even short distances. The only relief I obtain is short term from manipulations from my DO. My SI goes out frequently and now it is "out" chronically. I am running out of options. Do you think it is probably that chiropractic adjustments could ease some of my pain or keep the SI "in."  Thank you in advance for your response.
It's worth a shot. Find a chiropractor who performs the Gonstead technique, or one of the Upper Cervical techniques, like NUCCA.

Warm wishes,
AT
A related discussion, SI Joint Dysfunction was started.