Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Shoulder, Back, etc

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Shoulder, Back, etc

When I was 12, I felt as though my left shoulder had to crack very badly.  I woke up the next day and it began cracking everytime I moved it.  I am now almost 24 years old, and not only does it still do it, but it has moved to almost every other joint in my body.  Both shoulders, my elbows, wrists, fingers, hips, ankles, etc.  My knees started junior year of college and they are probably the worst.  Also, I'm afraid it's beginning to worsen and affect my back now as well.  It can be extremely painful, and I find that somedays I have severe leg or arm cramps, and my back is constantly full of knots and is very very painful.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be?  When I was 13 I went to specialists, and was tested for arthritus, which came back negative.  A doctor told me he was afraid that if I continued like that, I would be in a wheel chair by the time I'm 30.  That's only about 6 years away now, and I'm afraid if I keep going like this, he won't be far off!

Please help!
When joints weaken and destabilize, they begin to make these noises. I wouldn't let fear and anxiety overcome you though - lots of people experience this... and they're not in wheelchairs!

Consider consulting with an Upper Cervical Chiropractor in your area. This form of care has been known to help restabilize joints and reduce the frequency of cavitations. A referral directory can be found online at www.UpCspine.com

Warm wishes,
AT