Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
Stenosis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stenosis

Hello -

Is there any beneficial chiropractic treatment for spinal stenosis?  I have lumbar stenosis (moderate to severe at L4-L5).  I am only 35 years old and I know I have had this for many years.  I also have sore joints and muscles throughout my back and neck.  I have some DDD throughout.  I am 6'4 and weigh 270 pounds.  I know I need to lose weight to help, but are there treatments in the meantime?  I know I may need surgery someday, as I have leg pain and weakness from time to time, but I want to know if there is something that can help hold that off for a while...

Thanks
Related Discussions
514494_tn?1376514748
Honestly, losing weight is the best approach you can take right now. Focus most of your time and energy on that, and you'll see the best results.

As for chiropractic care, stenosis is not something that will disappear from an adjustment.

Warm wishes,
AT
3 Comments
Blank
You answered a question about chiropractic care helping spinal stenosis and stated an adjustment wouldn't help. Are there surgical  options for opening a narrowing spinal pathway? Thanks
Blank
514494_tn?1376514748
The most appropriate person to address that question would be a neurosurgeon. They have the most up to date information on surgical intervention for spinal canal stenosis.

Warm wishes,
AT
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
514494_tn?1376514748
Adam Tanase, D.C.Blank
St Louis Chiropractor: www.drtanase.com
St. Louis, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker