Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
To Young For This!!

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

To Young For This!!

As far as I could remember I have had lower back and neck pain.  I can remember in middle school constantly popping my back in my chair just for some relief.  I also played softball and was very active, so I was always tight and tense.  When I was 13 I was brought to a chiropractor, after he took x-rays he told me that I did have slight scoliosis but believed it was caused from tighter muscles on one side of my.  I treated 3-2 times a week for a couple of months.  The relief seemed to last longer and longer each time, but as you could imagine that many treatments was adding up in cost.  For the next few years I just dealt with the pain the best I could. In May of 2008 I was in a car accident. I work for a chiropractor and am fascinated by chiropractic, so of course, what better way to let my body heal itself after the accident?!  Unfortunately, I didn't get treated as I should have.  The plan was to stay late after work to do my treatment, but normally something would come up (on the doctors part) and I was left to suffer.  We did take x-rays soon after the accident, nothing broken, still some sign of scoliosis, and also my right hip higher than the other maybe about a 1/4 inch. (which he says explains the curvature of my spine) he also found a loss of cervical lordosis. I also deal with numbness in both arms, more in the left and its always one or the other, not both at the same time, headaches on a daily basis, pain in the right side of my mid back (around T6-T8 area) and pain in my lower back and left hip.  My boss/chiropractor sent me to get an MRI done a few months after the accident.  And to my suprise, Cervical- Normal, Thoracic- Normal, Lumbar-Normal.  My first thought was, What now?!?!  My pains come and go, but they are so frequent it can't be normal. and now that i have a negative MRI my boss is even less concerned than he was before.  
The tingling in my left arm is getting worse day by day..  I don't know what to do from here. Sorry so long, Help!
I would agree... Your boss needs to make time to care for you. It's a poor reflection on him if he disregards the health and well-being of his staff.

Since it doesn't seem like he's too concerned, find another doctor. Check out this website, www.UpCpsine.com, and see if there's a cervical specialist in your area. They might be able to find something your boss didn't see.
I am so sorry to hear that your boss isn't more sympathetic to your pain! That's horrible. I suffered from back pain most of my life, but I recently found a chiropractor in Round Rock, Texas, where I live (Dr. Eric Murphy, http://www.dreric4u.com) who is a dream. I've been seeing Dr. Eric for about eight months now and for the first time in my life, I no longer wake up with back pain. It really is amazing.

Please show your boss this post so he can see how desperate you feel. You shouldn't have to live with that pain.

-Jenel, Georgetown, Texas