Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
bone at the bottom of neck

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

bone at the bottom of neck

The big bone at the bottom of my neck and top of the back  is sticking out more then it should,should i see achiropractor or a doctor , or what am i looking at ???
People often ask me that... what you're probably referring to is known as the "Vertebral Prominens" or the spinous process of C7 (sometimes it can be T1).  

It's pronounced in everyone, not just you. If you feel concerned and it has become painful, then by all means, consult with a chiropractor. But if the only thing that bothers you is that you can feel it, I wouldn't sweat it.

Warm wishes,
AT