Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
desperate for an answer

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

desperate for an answer
I have a 2 part question- !st, should a chiroprator continue to manualy adjust your neck, when after seeing MRI results shows you have 3 bulging disc & a ruptured disc in the neck? 2nd- I know it's normal for you to have pain "when the nerves are waking up" after surgery, but I have been in constant pain for the last five weeks & numbness & weakness for the last 6 weeks & I am now14 weeks post op from having a cage placed in c5-6.
It depends on the type of chiropractic adjustment your doctor is providing. Some are safe to perform under those conditions, others may be contraindicated.

As far as your post-surgical pain, the best person to answer that question would be your surgeon.