Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
frustrating pain in the back of left shoulder

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

I play competetive tennis twice a week, for about a month now I have  pain in the back of my left shoulder as if I've pulled something or somethings pinching something. Cannot lay on my shoulder of a night because it just pinches or is really uncorfortable. So I switch sides
Could it be the rotator cuff that I have done something to, and if it is can a chiropractor fix it. I went to a chiropractor yesterday, but the pain is still there.
For this type of problem, I would recommend getting an evaluation from a physical therapist first.

There are chiropractors who specialize in sports injuries and extremities who would be able to help you, but it may be difficult to find in your area. Find a seasoned PT to address this issue for now.

Warm wishes,
AT