Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
loss of muscle control in legs
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

loss of muscle control in legs

I am 28 years old. Yesterday morning I woke up and went to open the curtains I  walked around a chair in the Living room. I went to take another step and I could not move my left leg. It started to twitch and I fell to the floor. The paralise lasted for about 15 seconds. I got up and felt kind of weak. I the weakness and on and off numbness lasted the whole day. Now I have some shooting pain that comes and goes. I have some back pain but not in the lower portion of the back it is in the middle. I do not have any sciatic nerve pain. If someone can give me some info or possible solutions PLEASE let me know.

THANKS
514494_tn?1376514748
There's nothing normal about that incident, Sherry. I would consult with your GP and get a neurology referral. They will provide a full work-up and determine why it occurred.

Adam Tanase, D.C.
www.drtanase.com
4 Comments
Blank
I did go to the GP and he is sending me for an MRI that is schedualed for Monday I also have a ref to the Neurologist for next week. I also called my chiropractor for some info he wants a copy of the reports from the MRI. I am looking for some insight to what it may be. Thanks for your time.

Blank
Dr. Tanase,

I went to an MRI on Feb 16th, They found that I have center Stenosis between L4-L5, L5-S1. I do have a question. I went to the Neurologist today, almost the first thing out of her mouth was surgery. I am going to get a second opinion. She seemed very excited about the whole thing. I was wondering is there another option rather then the knife ? I really have not besides today (it is raining) have felt sorness or pain in my lower back, I just had a little stiffness.

Thanks in advance,

Sherry
Blank
514494_tn?1376514748
Hi Sherry, thanks for the update.

Sometimes surgery is the only option. With central canal stenosis, it's not so much an "if" but a "when" the surgery is needed. It all depends on the severity.

I agree, however, with your intent to get a 2nd opinion. I would ask a neurosurgeon, specifically. You'll probably get referred to a spinal orthopedic surgeon, but I would still get a consult with a neurosurgeon before any surgery is performed.

Adam Tanase, D.C.
www.drtanase.com
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
514494_tn?1376514748
Adam Tanase, D.C.Blank
St Louis Chiropractor: www.drtanase.com
St. Louis, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker