Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
mild degeneration
About This Forum:

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

mild degeneration

what does it mean when an xray comes back with mild degenerative changes of the lumbar vertabrae noted. Minimal narrowing of the disc space of the L2 - L3 vertabrae indentified, what can be done and how do I get rid of the pain that is dibilitating my way of life?
514494_tn?1376514748
Your x-ray report could be far worse. The radiologist appears to be noting a small degree of "wear & tear" within your lumbar spine.

There are a number of different things you can do to improve your quality of life - chiropractic care, stretching, yoga, etc. Overweight people often notice a decrease in back pain simply by losing a few pounds...

Adam Tanase, D.C.
www.drtanase.com
2 Comments
Blank
Core strengthening/stabilization exercises, McKenzie exercises (He has several books out or look online), and pilates exercises are other options.

I used to do transcription for a physiatrist (physician who specializes in physical medicine, rehab, & pain) and he recommended those to most of his patients.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
514494_tn?1376514748
Adam Tanase, D.C.Blank
St Louis Chiropractor: www.drtanase.com
St. Louis, MO
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now