Chiropractic Care Expert Forum
severe pain in tailbone, can't stand straight up

Questions in the Chiropractic Care Forum are being answered by Dr. Adam Tanase, a board-certified Doctor of Chiropractic. Topics covered include Muscle Pain, Nerve Pain, Movement Disorders, Subluxation, Upper Cervical Care, Pain Management, Health Care Alternatives, and Wellness Care.

I have such severe pain in my "tailbone".  It is debilitating.  it is so bad that I cannot stand straight.  i stand and walk leaned forward. It feels like my tailbone is actually locked. This has been going on for years, but it is actually disabling now.  The pain is intolerable.  Can you give me some direction so I can get some help.  What can be causing this?  Please help
It would be beneficial to receive an evaluation from a reputable chiropractor in your area. They'll take a look at the motion of your sacrum, pelvis, and spine to determine if a structural/functional problem exists.