Confused about Antibiotics and G/C testing
Hello:

I was wondering do antibiotics interfere with g/c urine testing??? I took a urine test a week ago 6 weeks post exposure but was taking flagyll for bacterial vaginosis. A few weeks before I was taking macrobid for a UTI. My result was negative. Could the antibiotics have given me a false result??? Should I retest??

It could have.  If you are concerned, retest after you are done with the macrobid for 2 weeks.

AJ
My question is similar. I took cephalexin for strep throat and I finished that up 21 days ago. I just gave a urine specimen for a G/C test. I would think three weeks  would be long enough to allow the chance of a false negative result due to antibiotics...what do you think?
3 weeks is fine.  As long as its been about 2 weeks since your last antibiotic dose, you are fine to test.

Aj
I had a similar circumstance, I was taking antibiotics for another reason a day prior to my G/C test.  

I was still prescribed the antibiotics to cure G/C, prior to the negative results.  So if the antibiotics I was already on interfered with the results, the antibiotics I was prescribed should still clear up any infection, right?

The antibiotics I had been taking previously shouldn't have had any effect on the ones prescribed to cure G/C?  I believe I was given a shot of Rocephin and a single dose of 2mg Z-Max.
Yes, they would have cleared it up.

Its interesting that they gave you the meds before testing you.  Makes no sense really.

Aj
They gave me a bunch of antibiotics because I complained of sore/pain testicles/groin area.

Now I'm just really concerned because I'm still having a painful groin area (no swollen visible lymph nodes)..  Just a dull aching pain.
Then you need to follow up with your doctor, maybe get a prostate exam or an ultrasound of the area.  Its not std-related.

Aj