Chlamydia Community
A litte puzzled:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

A litte puzzled:

Alright, I'll try get through my story as simply as possible.

Back in June, I was prescribed 100mg doxycline once per day for skin treatment (I understand that alcohol consumption should be minimised, but I did consume alcohol from time to time). I am still taking treatment.

In August, I had unprotected sex with a female. Concerned, I went and got myself tested. Negative for all STDs however it was suggested that my doxy treatment may have resulted in a false negative. So I was tested for chlamydia TWICE (2 weeks after and 3 weeks after incident). During this time I kept feeling like my penis was wet, I'd pull my foreskin back and I'd notice that it almost looked like there was a slight puddle in my urethra, I tried to squeeze discharge out but nothing would come out. This confused me, but I decided that my test results were a better indicator.

2 weeks ago I had protected sex with another female. Similar symptoms have returned, same sort of discharge-like feeling and with occasional stinging feeling which will last about 1-2 seconds when it occurs. It's very minimal and perhaps I'm amplifying it.

I'm thinking, for the next week or so, I may up my doxy dosage to twice per day, just for insurance.

But here are my particula questions.

1. Is it truly conceivable that my initial doxy treatment could've caused a falsely negative reading from the chlamydia test?
2. With discharge, does it always have to 'come out' the penis, or can it just be moist inside the penis?
3. Is it conceivable that my 100mg daily doxy treatment, while not being enough to cure chlamydia, could actually result in the chlamydia becoming more resistant as it becomes accustomed to a smaller dosage of treatment?

I'm puzzled with having the negative result, and then feeling symptoms after the protected contact. Note that I have had no problems urinating.
1. If it did it would have cured the infection
2. Has to come out
3. Never heard of anything like that happening
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers