Chlamydia Community
Accuracy of a urine test for chalymidia and gonorrhea

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Hi. I Recently was tested for chlamydia, Gonorrhea, yeast infection, trich, syphilis , etc etc. but my chlamydia and gonorrhea tests were done with a urine test. Everything came back negative but i am experiencing some burning sensations down there. Its been more than a month since i have had sex and I am wondering how accurate the urine test is for chlamydia and gonorrhea compared to a swab test?

The urine tests are accurate.  But I do not know why if they went in there for a sample to test for yeast and trich, didn't they go ahead and swab for chlamydia and gonorrhea.  Although urine is accurate, swab is best.  Is it possible you have a UTI?