Chlamydia Community
Aids

This is a patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Aids

Hey im an 18 male and i have just been diagnosed with chlamydia and Gonorrhea. i was just wondering if i should be worried about AIDS. My doctor didnt say much about it but he said im more supseptable to the aids virus. i just wanted to know if i should be worried or not. thank you
Are you sure you tested positive for both gonorrhea and chlamydia?  Its unusual to have both.

You don't mention the gender of your partners, what kind of sex you've been having - oral, vaginal, anal, etc.  If I know that, I can better assess the risk.

Overall, there is a risk with any unprotected intercourse, but some things are riskier than others.

Aj