Chlamydia Community
Antibiotics aren't working - What's going on??
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Antibiotics aren't working - What's going on??

Okay Im incredibly confused, and irritated. Mine's the same old story - 3 months ago, had unprotected sex with a girl and wound up with Chlamydia. Where mine differs and I cannot seem to find anyone with a similar problem is that I have taken 2 sets of antibiotics, but my symptoms return after about 4~5 weeks each time.

To be more specific, the symptoms are mild - very light and slight discharge and unusual tendernous around the tip of my penis but its not incredibly noticable. The first time I saw my doc, He hooked me up with a shot for ghonorrea and a one time dose of AB (the common one, I forget the name) for the chlamydia. I also had a culture swab done which is how I know I had Chlamydia. So I took the ABs and poof the symptoms were gone within a couple days. Right about 4.5 weeks later, they came back.

So I go to the same doc and he prescribes me the 7 day dose of the other common AB *(aze-something). Poof! The symptoms are gone within 5 days. Guess what happens 4.5 weeks later? Yeah, the symptoms are back. WTF is going on?! Im about to cut the thing off Im so irritated. I havent had sex since I contracted the disease. Ive meticulously washed my clothes and did not reuse any potentially contaminated clothes/towels without washing them.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.