Chlamydia Community
Antibiotics aren't working - What's going on??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Okay Im incredibly confused, and irritated. Mine's the same old story - 3 months ago, had unprotected sex with a girl and wound up with Chlamydia. Where mine differs and I cannot seem to find anyone with a similar problem is that I have taken 2 sets of antibiotics, but my symptoms return after about 4~5 weeks each time.

To be more specific, the symptoms are mild - very light and slight discharge and unusual tendernous around the tip of my penis but its not incredibly noticable. The first time I saw my doc, He hooked me up with a shot for ghonorrea and a one time dose of AB (the common one, I forget the name) for the chlamydia. I also had a culture swab done which is how I know I had Chlamydia. So I took the ABs and poof the symptoms were gone within a couple days. Right about 4.5 weeks later, they came back.

So I go to the same doc and he prescribes me the 7 day dose of the other common AB *(aze-something). Poof! The symptoms are gone within 5 days. Guess what happens 4.5 weeks later? Yeah, the symptoms are back. WTF is going on?! Im about to cut the thing off Im so irritated. I havent had sex since I contracted the disease. Ive meticulously washed my clothes and did not reuse any potentially contaminated clothes/towels without washing them.

Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks.
I would make sure that you have been tested for every type of STD possible. Let your doctor know that this is a huge problem for you and you want to get down to the specifics. If it is Chlamydia and your still not responding to azithromycin then it may be that your body has become immune to this type of antibiotic. So, confirm that it is indeed Chlamydia, and ask for the shot (forgot name) or possibly a week long dose of doxycycline (total of 1400mg, at the end of treatment). Also, Chlamydia is a sexually trasmitted disease, meaning it can only be trasmitted through direct sexual contact, oral, vaginal or anal sex. The disease cannot be transferred or contracted by dirty linens, towels, doornobs, toilet seats etc. It is important at this time that your do not any type of sex until you have tested negative for all STD's.
Best of luck

I'd also ask for a prostate exam.

Aj