Chlamydia Community
Anxiety over possible chlamydia

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Anxiety over possible chlamydia

I received oral sex from a woman (other than my wife) in January 2008, during a slight period of marriage problems (Only Time Ever).  Since then we have worked things out.  In August I had a kidney stone followed by a period of related urinary issues, and ever since then I have had weird disconfort and sometimes a light itchy feeling in my urethra which started when I was trying to pass the stone.  I have also begun to urinate more frequently than I ever had and at times the itch is more uncomfortable than other times.  I must also say that until about last week I masturbated about 6-10 times a week, and I noticed that it (after years of doing so) started to hurt the inside of my penis....for all these reasons, mainly because of the itching, I went to get a full STD test, HIV is NEG, and I am waiting for Chlam, Gon, and Syphilis tests.  I am having terrible anxiety.  QUESTION: Is it possible for me to have contracted something back in January and it not have manisfested until specifically after I had kidney stones in August? (took two weeks to pass, so urinary trouble was happening).  My wife was pregnant this year (had a spontanieuos miscarriage) so the Dr. may have tested for STDs (not sure - do they do the tests automatically on a pregnant woman?) nevertheless she has not shown any symptons.  Thoughts?  Am I headed for trouble?  Thanks!
Its unlikely that you would get an std from oral sex, though it certainly is possible.  At this point, with no symptoms, my guess would be that you didn't get anything.

Your wife might have been tested, but it would depend on how far along she was.

Aj
Interesting.  I have been reading you CAN get Chlamydia from oral sex. As far as my wife, she got to 7 weeks, and she did the first pre-natal visit, so she must have been tested if it is standard (CDC regs).

Any idea whether kidney stones (slow to pass) or excessive masturbation could cause the uncomfortable feeling in urethra?
Thx
Most experts will say that you can't get it from oral sex.  Others will say its possible, but highly unlikely.  To err on the side of caution, you could say possible, but not even close to likely.

Yes, kidney stones and possibly excessive masturbation could cause those feelings.  Try leaving things alone for a few days, and see how you feel.

Aj
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers