Chlamydia Community
Are Cramps and discharge normal after taking azithromycin ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Hi I was positive for chlamydia . I took 1000 mg 1g) of azithromicin in 1 dose as prescribed .
Before taking the antibiotic I don't recall having any symptoms of chlamdyia , ( i only got tested to make sure i was in the clear and was shocked to find out i have chlamydia) but , today , the second day after I took my dose I'm experiencing discharge and cramps .. Is this normal after taking azithromicin ? Does this mean the antibiotic isn't working ? Or is it too soon to tell ?
Thank you !
It means that it is working, it is killing the bacteria and flushing it out of the body.
Thank you Vance , i feel a little more at ease ! I guess we will only know in 4 weeks time when i get tested again .
Thank you !