Chlamydia Community
Azithromycin straight after sex

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Azithromycin straight after sex

Hi, I had unprotected sex 5 days ago and took 1g of azithromycin 2 days ago. Will this clear any possible Chlamydia infection?
Hi and welcome, did a doctor prescribed this?
Were you tested and diagnosed?
No, I just took the drug as a preventative measure
Have been tested but just wanted to take just in case to catch it early if I had it at all
symptoms of this usually are white discharge and/or burning while urinating that occur about 5 days post exposure. We cant recommend prescription doses only a doctor can.
It would be best to work with your doctor about this as if you have it the person that you got it from should be notified, tested and treated.
I have no symptoms but was told that if I take the antibiotic it would clear anything that was there anyway?
Sometimes a follow up is needed.  The problem with what you did is how do you contact the other person now because they should be notified also to stop the spreading of it.