Being treated for Chlamydia but symptoms keep happening?
I don't know how long i've had this STI for but im being treated for it. Im on Doxycycline twice a day for seven days. My boyfriend is aware and he's been treated for it with 1gm of azithromycin and we haven't had any intercourse. Well today is my 5th day of taking this medicine and my symptoms haven't gotten better. I have alot of discharge and I have a burning sensation even when I don't go pee. I've been taking this medicine correctly. I take one pill in the morning and one pill at 6pm. My question is why am I having these symptoms still?  Is the disease resistant to the medication? Again, we haven't had any intercourse vaginally, orally, or anal sex. Im scared that this medication isn't working for me. Why are these symptoms still happening? What should I do? Please help me!!!!
Hi and welcome. Usually takes a week or so to get back to normal. The burning is due to your urethrea being damaged and has open sores on the inside and takes time to heal esp is you had it for a while. The longer the more sores and damage. The discharge might be more as is killing the bacteria and flushing from your system.
Maybe give doc a call to rest your mind.