Chlamydia Community
CAN CHALMYDIA COME BACK???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

CAN CHALMYDIA COME BACK???

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH CHLAMYDIA IN MARCH 2008 AFTER GOING FOR A CHECKUP BECAUSE MY EX HAD CHEATED ON ME... I TOOK THE TREATMENT FOR A WEEK AS INSTRUCTED BY THE DOCTOR. I WENT BACK FOR A TEST AND IT CAME OUT NEGATIVE . I HAVE A NEW BOYFRIEND WHO I CURRENTLY LIVE WITH AND WE BROKE UP FOR A WHILE HE CALLED ME AND  SAID HE WAS FEELING SICK SO I WENT TO GO GET CHECKED AGAIN AND THEY SAID I HAD A VAGINAL INFECTION THEY TREATED ME FOR THAT. NOW I HAVE SOME ITCHING AND WAS WONDERING IF CHLAMYDIA CAN COME BACK OR IF I COULD HAVE HAD A FALSE NEGTIVE TEST BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT AND IT HASNT BEEN WORKING FOR ME I DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE?
Hi there -

Chlamydia won't come back unless you get re-infected by someone.

Do you know what kind of vaginal infection you had?  What meds did you take?

If my assumptions are correct, you've been trying to get pregnant with this guy for less than 8 months (from the time you had chlamydia, anyway).  That's not that long, especially if you are under 35.  

Aj
OK WELL I GOT TESTED TWICE AFTER THE TREATMENT AND BOTH TESTS WERE NEGATIVE... THE VAGINAL INFECTION THE DOCTOR SAID THAT IT WAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT AND HE GAVE ME TREATMENT FOR IT... IT WAS SOME PILLS THAT I HAD TO TAKE FOR A WEEK... WHAT I KNOW ABOUT THE INFECTION IS THAT IT HAD A REALLY BAD ODOR LIKE FISHY ODOR... THANKS AJ
That sounds like bacterial vaginosis (bv), and I'm guessing you took flagyl or metrodonizole?

Never let a doctor tell you its not anything to worry about.  Even if its something very common, you need to know what's going on in your body.  He is obligated to tell you.

I'm guessing your bv caused a false positive on the chlamydia.  Glad you are feeling better.

Aj
OK SO THAT MEANS THAT THEIR IS A POSSIBILITY THE VAGINAL INFECTION CAUSED MY CHALMYDIA TEST TO BE POSITIVE IN THE FIRST PLACE??? YEA I SHOULD ASK QUESTIONS TO MY DOCTOR BECAUSE I HAD ALOT OF QUESTIONS NOW I'LL MAKE SURE TO ASK QUESTIONS NOW... LOL IM GONNA GO FOR SOME TESTING AGAIN TOMORROW... I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT SOMEWHERE ELSE IM GOING TO GET TESTED FOR ANY STD'S ... I KNOW I LIVE WITH MY BOYFRIEND BUT I JUST LIKE TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OK... THANKS YOU'VE BEEN ALOT OF HELP =)
hey 2 weeks ago my ex-bf told me that he just got tested postive for chalmydia and i should go and get tested..i went and got the test and it came back postive(yikes!) now im in a new relationship with my previous boyfren and we had sex a couple of times(mostly with condoms) and we had unprotected sex, lets say about twice...now im 16 yrs old with chalmydia, i went to my doctor to recieve treatment, She tells me that within 7 days it will go away...but will it go away premanently???
You need to start your own post.  
ummm yeah i had chlamydia because of my ex boifriend/baby father to my stillborn son...he cheated on me during the same year that i got pregnant..i found out after i lost my son, that i had or have hpv and chlamydia..its been driving me crazy because i think that i had it during my pregnacy,and thats why i lost my son...i remember takin a pill and i told him to get checked too,but oviously he went somewhere else...me being stupid i got it again..i left him and went back to school..i got with a new guy and i got it again!! but we knew that our past realationship was with dirty people so we split a pill..dont kno if that worked or not but we're hoping that it did...a year later he went for a regular check up and had an HIV test...the doctor called the next day and asked if he can come back...so now im nervous because we think we're clean,if we come out dirty again we dont know what we're going to do...wondering if it can come back because of that half a pill,someone cheating or what ever.the craziest thing is that i really love him and we're tryin to have kids for 2 years ands its not happening...can chlamydi come back????
If you take the medication I don't think it will come back because i have it 2.. im 14!!!! but im qoinq 2 take the meds 2 clear it up & im not havinq sex anymore 4 a while & when I do im definitely usinq condoms!!! lol..thanksx 4 all the advice!
I've been with ma partner nearly 6 years we found out we had clamidyia at the begining of our realatipnship and kept getting it cos we didn't stick to the rules when taking the medication. Finally we got rid of it. I was tested when I was pregnant and didn't have it. Then after I had my little girl and o was also clear. I've got it again now. He swears he hasn't cheated . Can it just come back if you have had it before or am I just being nieve in believing him?
start a thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered.
So even though you take the pills its not for sure gone because I'm going on my 5th month and I'm very nervous about it. I haven't been to an actual doctor yet but I've been admitted to the hospital twice and been to the clinic 3 times. So can chalmydia affect the baby ????
Just to let yu know, if a guy ends up with chlamydia nd dosnt cure it, theirs a chance it could make his semen sterile which means he wont ever be able to have children. Thats one of the symptoms of chlamydia a guy can overcome. So i wouldd get checked asap if he has it. Im 6 months pregnant now nd my man had chlamydia a few years ago but he got it cured nd it still took us almost a year for me to get prego.