Chlamydia Community
CHLAMYDIA; could my test be a false negative! HELP!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

A few weeks ago I had what I thought would be protected sex. But not long after starting the condom broke a bit on the side as soon as we heard the noise we stopped and he took his penis out. The rupture was close to the side not the tip. Also we werent that far in the sexual encounter we were just starting so its a slight possibility there was still no fluid in the condom(pre ejaculatory I mean, because I know he didnt ejaculate). The guy looked pretty worried as was I but appArently not for the same reason, turns out he told me he was positive for chlamydia and didnt take the medication yet. There was no oral or contact with any fluid before putting on the condom, that was the first thing we did. I got tested for chlamydia, a urine test, it came back negative but im wondering if it could be a false negative because I went to the bathroom to pee about 30 minutes before doing the test. I thought they were going to do a cervical culture, but for some reason they didnt. I dont know if urinating 30 minutes before could alter my results. I really need help!
I am not a total expert, but am going through a chlamydia scare myself, and I believe you can trust your negative with high confidence. But hopefully a true expert will chime in here soon.
Also, your exposure is very low risk.
I agree with the low risk exposure but you should wait at least 1hr if not longer to urinate since last urination. I would retest.
Thank you both for your responses. The low risk makes me feel a bit more calm but anyway I think I will go back and retest just to be 100% sure.
I didn't know that thing about not urinating before the test, Vance .

I had been urinating frequently the day of my test and probably urinated 30 minutes before.

Test invalid once results come in?

What are the odds of getting an accurate result in that scenario?
Also, apologies to sha, I didn't read your post closely enough to see the note about earlier urination and didn't know what Vance later said about that.

But the exposure is still low risk