Chlamydia Community
Can I dissolve pills in water

This is a patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Can I dissolve pills in water

I have 2 pills of zithromax of 500mg.  I cant swallow pills.  Can I dissolve them in a small amount of water and then drink it right away? or should i crush them?  also is it the same dosage for a male that has chlamyida. ( 1g or zithromax.)   Please help.. any suggestions.
I believe there is a powder form made to dissolve in water.  I do not know if you can crush the pills.  You may want to call your pharmacist on that.  It's probably a good idea to let your prescribing doctors know you have problems swallowing pills and ask if there is a liquid form you can take.