Can Levaquin cause a false-negative?
I came down with symptoms of a UTI on 10/25.  Went to my doctor on 10/26.  He diagnosed me with a UTI and prescribed Levaquin. I took one 500mg pill that night and another on 10/27 in the morning. Around lunch on
10/27, I got an STD test done for chlamydia and gonorrhea, but it came back negative one week later. The test was a urine sample, NAAT.

Could the Levaquin have interfered with the test results that quickly? I had previously had unprotected oral sex (received) weeks prior to all this.  Thank you for any information.
UTI is not common in younger men but can't say if it was a UTI or a STD. It's possible that medication could have cured a STD which would make the test show negative. Do you have any symptoms now?
I do still have symptoms, though not as bad.

I'm surprised that taking Levaquin 17 hours before the test could lead to a false negative, but I guess that's how it works.

How long after I stop taking the antibiotic should I wait to get retested?
3 weeks
Can you explain how an antibiotic I stopped taking can still cause a false-negative, even if I experiencing symptoms? Does the antibiotic have a half-life inside my body such that it is still present even after I finish taking it?