Chlamydia Community
Can My Chlamydia Still Be Treated? How Badly Is The Effect?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

8 months ago I was diagnosed with chlamydia. I only received one day of treatment---two tablets of azithromycin. I believe i was supposed to receive more becuase i was told to take meds for 2-3 weeks. The medecine was expensive so i hadnt gotten the rest.Just 7 months after my diagnose (1 month ago from now) I was given Nitrofuran Monohyd Macro for a finding of a possible UTI. However I believe what the 'possible' was, was the chlamydia. I also began taking garlic pill supplements in hope that it would help cease the chlamydia. I still get symptoms some times stronger than other times....cramps, itching, discharge, odor, bleeding during sex at times....What are the chances that I have been affected to the extent where I can not have children in the future? Would taking part of my medecine, that one time, have possibly slowed the process of that effect, as well?
You need to retest for chlamydia. I am not going to speculate about something when you don't even know if you have it.