Chlamydia Community
Can chlamydia be passed through heavy grinding?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

I have a terrible dillema. In mid February I had unprotected sex with a new partner. 2 weeks after that I was diagnosed with bronchitis and prescribed a z pack. He and I had'nt had sex since that first encounter. Two weeks ago I went on a date with my ex and we had unprotected sex. One week later I had test run and they told me I have Chlamydia. On the same day I took my medication my new sex partner wanted to engage. I didn't tell him what was going on but I told him that we needed to use a condom because I was being treated for a bacteria infection. He wasn't pleased about having to use a condom so first he did a lot of grinding on the outside and poking his head near my opening and slipped himself inside of me all while not wearing a condom. Eventually he put on a condom and we had intercourse. I was pretty certain that he didn't have chlamydia because I had been on the z pack and if he had given me chlamydia in February it wouldn't have shown up on recent tests since I was just on a z pack the first week of March. So I suspect my ex gave me chlamydia and I now wonder what is the liklihood of my new partner contracting chlamydia from the grinding and the slip in that occurred?
The risk for him would be low. But I recommend no sex until 1 week after medication. Also partner to be safe should be tested. And I would use condoms for all future sex unless you know the person doesn't have a STD.

Why did you test after unprotected sex with the ex?
I know that was sooooo stupid. My ex is a lot older than I am and he is very reserved. I know him to be very responsible so under assumption I thought it was a safe encounter. But obviously things have changed. The crazy thing is that when I brought the information to him he told that he is over protective and he will go to his doctor to get checked. Overprotected....yeah right!
Vance I am using the Mirena for birth control and it's coming close to the time to replace it. It was also time for my annual. So they did my annual and found the infection. I also test regularly throughout the year when I am active to make sure that no infections go undetected and travel up my iud strings and into my uterus. So before my recent testing my last test was in October 2012 and before my latest encounter with my ex our last encounter was Labor day 2012.
Well I can say that it's possible that you got a false positive. Been known to happen with certain birth controls and certain tests.

If ex tests negative then you either got a false positive or current gave it to you.