Chlamydia Community
Can one get chlamydia any other way than sexually?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

My best friend and work-out partner has Chlamydia. I see him daily at the gym and we go out regularly on the weekends. There was one occasion where I even borrowed his jeans for an evening. Does anyone know if by the off chance I can get this STD by any methods other than through sex?
Tags: Chlamydia
no u cant get chlamydia in this scenario even w/ tight pants.  especially when his pants was not moist and u didnt borrow it directly after he took it off for you to wear.
u can get chlamydia by sharing wet towels and underwear.  if your friend has chlamydia, im guessing he would already get it treated right?
I have extreeme urinary and lower back pain . I literly have stopped having sex all together now as its very , very painful which emotionally has ruined my life completely . I of course dont know what to tell my female friends or male for that matter ( by now they must think I am gay ) Neither I or the Doctors understand what the problem is or at least they arent finding anything . I am in so much pain at times due to this along with severe neck and back pain ( car accident ) I am literly incoherant and appear to others as unreasonable and disturbed . It floors me that Doctors turf me or do nothing past a urine test as high as my pain is . I take morphine for my back dialy and have been exposed to countless drugs . I do not have discharge but itch at times and have seen specs of blood on my underwear where my penis is at times but rarely . Without sex the pain goes down to where its manageable until frankly I get so randy I have wet dreams and then its very painful . Off course I am embarassed to talk to anyone about this and have found even if I try becuase I am motivated by a recent bout of terrible pain the Doctors are also even more uncomfortable then myself . The pain is so severe I have considerred suicide which seems ridiculous this should be solveable easily I would think .

Has anyone experienced anything like this ? You must all think I am crazy but I just dont know what to do or even how to get answers . I read everything I can . I also take laxatives daily due to the drugs used for severe chronic back and neck pain . This is a life worse then death at times and I am so isolated from even  friendships due to the pain which totally disables me and frustrates both myself and female friends . I have lived like this since surgery 10 years ago but can not be sure thats anymore then a reference date for when this developed .

I will watch this for a while to see if anyone replies . Amazingly I have seen some other chronic pain patients post similar though maybe not as graphic similar problems . At least I know I am not alone but my gosh the pain is so severe ,,so severe and as part of my rehab they want to eliminate my opiates now . I literly scream some mornings until I get my dose in me . I have begged Doctors to take this serious and they just treat it like a mental condition or something not worth their time . Its so bad it could push me too suicide . I really dont see any discharge but sometimes the blood and cloudy concentrated urine first in the morning . God Bless .
I apologize if I hijacked someones thread . I am literly out of it today but  but maybe if someone replies it will help us both . God Bless . I know I have done nothing wrong but feel very uncomfortable trying to find the answers or treat a urinary tract problem . Its also very frustrating to suffer so much and have people negate the importance of finding the source of the problem . Its hard to believe becuase were told how wonderful medicine is now but there are many things they dont even understand or can solve its not like algebra .
Hi, I sympathize with you only because I live w/chronic pain also. I don't have any advice as to what might be going on with your body but I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. Speaking as a female, I want to tell you that it's okay to talk to someone close to you about this. If they are your true friend they will be at the very least someone to comfort you. Dr.'s don't know as much as they would like to think they do. Don't give up on trying to find some answers...you will find them! If you have to, see every Dr. in your town. I think it's absolutely ridiculous that Dr.'s now days don't take anything seriously. They come in the room, after you've waited for them for an hour, look at you, never do a physical exam and then write a prescription. I don't know about you but I do not have an health insurance. So, all of that would cost me over $100..for nothing! There are, however, some good Dr.'s left out there you just have to find them. I spent 10 years trying to get help for my migraines and just now found some. I spent 15 years trying to get help for endometriosis and finally found it and so on. So, keep on keeping on. You will get some help! If you ever need someone to listen I will be that someone for you. Please don't take your life. You sound like such a great person and this world needs more great people in it! I too have thought about suicide. Sometimes the pain gets so bad that I can't think of anything other than, death is the only thing that will get rid of it BUT that's not true. There's help out there. You never know what might be ahead of you in life. I believe there's something really special out there for those of us who have to live our lives in agonizing pain. Hang in there with me!!! If you want to talk...I'll be checking in. Keep your chin up, Rachel
im so worried, i love my boyfriend very much we have been together for 1 year and 4 months and im very happy, but i dont "feel" right down below. i have alot of discharge which is light and just like water but it smells a bit fishy. i did a chlamidia test when we first got together and it came back i was fine and didnt have ne thing. i havent cheated and im pretty sure he hasnt, iv just come offf the depo shot 6 months ago can this be down to that? help im sooo scaired..
jo417 started this thread. To answer their question..Chlamydia is strictly a sexually transmitted disease.