Chlamydia Community
Can repeated cases of Chlamydia cause kidney problems

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

My 22 yr old daughter has had many cases of chlamydia. I am not even sure she has always gotten it mediclly  treated each time she has gotten it. And not telling what other STDs she has picked up along the way as well. My question is. If this STD or any others for that matter go untreated can they cause damage to her kidneys or urinary system? She also has alot of trouble with her bladder and Kidneys. The last Doctor that she went to for a kidney infecition, just told her that her kidneys just weren't doing their job.

thank you for your help in this matter.
No association is known with chlamydial infections and renal (kidney) disease. I hope your daughter takes a hard look at her sexual lifestye to prevent futher STDs.