Chlamydia Community
Can you get chylamidia from oral, if you were tested negative for it?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Okay, so i found out i got chylamidia from anal sex, and I dont really know who it was because I had unprotected anal with my x, and then a casual partner a year later. I never got cheked till afew months after the casual partner..So I got a bf and we both were tested positive, the weird thing is we didnt have anal, just oral sex to eahcother. AFter treatment, 3months later i cheated on him with one of the past casual partners I was with. And i gave him oral, I did not tell him i was infected with chylamidia because I was scared. And now, im wondering, can i get chylamidia again but from oral? If the guy wasnt treated, but I was treated. And mine was from anal...and I just gave this guy oral...Does it mean I can get it again? I had a mouth swab for chylamiai and was negative...so im wondering if I can get it from oral from a untreated sex partner?
Hi and welcome. Unprotected oral sex is low risk for contracting std's. If you were tested properly and do not have chlamydia then no, you cant pass something you dont have. If a person does have oral chlamydia and is treated, experts do suggest a second test after treatment to make sure its gone, before having unprotected oral sex again.
Have a Chlamydia question?
100,000+ doctor answers