Chlamydia Community
Can you still catch Chlamydia when using a condom?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Chlamydia issues such as: Causes, Chlamydia in Women, Exams and Tests, Medications, Prevention, Research, Risks, Support, Surgery, Symptoms, Treatments, What to ask your doctor.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can you still catch Chlamydia when using a condom?

Hello,
Recently I have had sexual intercourse with a new friend.
She contacted me saying she has chlamydia and has had treated now.

I was just wondering I had sexual intercourse with her with a condom twice. I am always very careful when putting on ie checking condom and rolling fully down and taking off. I also fingered her (this was dry by the time I put condom on). Could I have caught her chlamydia? I have NO symptoms. But just very worried and wanted advice?
I will more than likely go get checked tomorrow but I just wanted anyone else's input? Thanks!
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Condoms work, I highly doubt that you got chlamydia. But it is always a good idea to test just to be certain.
Blank
That's good the eases my mind a little. Had a test yesterday through NHS. They looked under the scope while I was there and said no white blood cells or inflammation. So that's a good sign right? Just waiting on urine and swab results from lab. Hopefully be back by Thursday next week, still nervous though.
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Yes that is a good sign.
Blank
I recently got the same message , my dr said it doesn't matter if yall used a condom , you should get tested anyways . Cause condoms aren't 100% effective .
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
If used properly then you should have no concern
Blank
Yeah definitely used properly and had no symptoms or anything. Might pop in on Monday see if they have my results.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...