Aa
A
A
Close
Can you still catch Chlamydia when using a condom?
Hello,
Recently I have had sexual intercourse with a new friend.
She contacted me saying she has chlamydia and has had treated now.

I was just wondering I had sexual intercourse with her with a condom twice. I am always very careful when putting on ie checking condom and rolling fully down and taking off. I also fingered her (this was dry by the time I put condom on). Could I have caught her chlamydia? I have NO symptoms. But just very worried and wanted advice?
I will more than likely go get checked tomorrow but I just wanted anyone else's input? Thanks!
Cancel
6 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Condoms work, I highly doubt that you got chlamydia. But it is always a good idea to test just to be certain.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
That's good the eases my mind a little. Had a test yesterday through NHS. They looked under the scope while I was there and said no white blood cells or inflammation. So that's a good sign right? Just waiting on urine and swab results from lab. Hopefully be back by Thursday next week, still nervous though.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Yes that is a good sign.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I recently got the same message , my dr said it doesn't matter if yall used a condom , you should get tested anyways . Cause condoms aren't 100% effective .
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
If used properly then you should have no concern
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Yeah definitely used properly and had no symptoms or anything. Might pop in on Monday see if they have my results.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Chlamydia Community Resources