Chances of Havin PID after a year of no sexual activity n no STD's
In 2011 i was tested for trich gonnorhea and chlamydia from discharge from my cervix. I also had a physical pelvic exam and an ultrasound on my abdomen to check if everything was alright. Thank god everything came back negative. This testing was completed after 7 months of being sexually active with one person.

I have not been sexually active since then, and have only been with one person, so is there a chance i have PID related to an STD. I'm so worried i cant stop searching it up.

Sometimes i feel pain, but not sure if it is just due to my periods. ( they are regular and i do ovulate)

Thank you so much
Ive searched up PID more times than i can count. Unfortunately some people say its disgusting painful where as others say they didnt even know they had it.

Im only 18 + I would be devastated if i become infertile.

I think the best thing we can both do is see a doctor + ask them to talk us through it , get a pelvic exam (i havent yet had one ever).

I regret being so stupid + thinking i wouldnt get an STD because i trusted my boyfriend -- big mistake.
do you think we're both ok though/
i've read somewhere it depends on how many times you actually get PID if it will make you infertile or not.

yeah get a pelvic exam! i didnt feel any pain during it, so i guess i was ok at that stage. im just so worried something went wrong.
im going to see a doctor next month as it will be an easier time for me. I'll let you know what happens :)

i think we're fine though. just stress heads! i hope your ok too xo
and ask for an ultrasound! my doctor was so helpful because he knew i was young. he made sure everything was checked out.
PID can go silent just like Chlamydia , thats why i didn't know i had chlamydia for 8-10 months!!

The problem I have is I never had deep pelvic pain when i had sex until 3 months into my relationship + it was only ever in certain positions.

So im undecided whether the pain came from the chlamydia or because i had PID however, after having it treated i never had the pain again when i had sex so i gathered the pain was from the chlamydia rather than having PID.

I hate going to the doctor -- what is a pelvic exam? Is that where they just poke around outside your body to see if it hurts etc?
this sounds horrible but its not as bad as it seems, they put lube on this clip that opens up your vagina. and so the doctor can see inside and take a swab from your cervix, i told him i didnt want the nurse to see me so if your self concious just tell your doctor.... then he will remove the clip n basically stick his finger into you and feel on your ovaries n other things (im not sure what else they feel for) to see if they feel cysts or if its causing you pain. i know it sounds so embarrassing, but its over within like 2 minutes.

what did your pain feel like? just like period cramps or a little differnet. im so confused about the pain thingy :( i havent had sex in a year so im not sure.

I didn't get cramping -- it was just felt like (when we was having sex) a pressure pain. It wasn't horrific ,it was just uncomfortable.

I really don't like the idea of someone looking at my vagina and stuff -- embarrassing to say the least.

Obviously i had chlaymdia, got it treated and then the pain went away + when i had sex after being treated it was fine -- no pain. Then around 3 months later i got tested again to make sure the chlamydia had gone and it had.

Id say i had the chlamydia atleast 10 months so im more than likely have got PID or atleast a good chance of having it.

I don't get symptoms for PID but like i said, it can go silent.
if the doctors believed you were at risk for it, you wouldve had a pelvic exam at least. this is what happen to me. i was throwing up etc due to other reasons, but they checked for stds to be sure.

i really dont know hun =S  when are you planning on seeing a doctor?
and the antibiotics to cure PID are different to chlamydia as well. so if they truly believed u were at some sort of risk, even the tiniest, they would have asked to do a pelvic exam to rule out the possibility, like they did with me.
I never went to the doctor for my STD test -- Im in the UK so i just picked up a home kit from a GUM clinic.
Went to the doctor today + she basically said you would deffinately know if you had PID because it makes you reallypoorly you need to be in hospital.

She said because Chlamydia is so common its rare for it to make you infertile + only 1 in every 10 women will become infertile from PID.

She didn't offer me a pelvic examination though so im going to seek a second opinion.
omg that is great news!
yeah if you're still worried definitely seek a second opinion. Did you mention about how it can go silent???

i hope this teaches us a lesson to be careful next time!

Please let me know if you do seek a second opinion, and tell me what they say, as i'm in the same situation as you, and cant really see a doctor till next month.

thanks!
Not unless you leave it untreated. Women with PID may present with low abdominal pain, heavy discharge, irregular menstruation, intercourse pain and so on. However, many women have a less acute inflammation that produces few symptoms. If untreated, PID can lead to blockage of the fallopian tubes and subsequent infertility.

Actually, the time frame of developing PID is different for everybody. Some women might develop PID from leaving it untreated for months, others might get it from leaving it untreated of just few weeks. If you really worried, you may get it checked out to look if there is damage such as scarring to your Fallopian tubes. You may check http://global.fuyanpills.com/index.html, this website provides online service, you may consult the online doctor, i always use it. Hope it helps.

We're asking if it can be silent for at least a year though.
i will check out the website you wrote :)
Yeah i mentioned that it can go silent and all she said was that because Chlamydia is so common it's very rare that the chlamydia itself will cause infertility + even more rare for the chlamydia to develop into PID and cause infertility.

However, because it is a 'silent' condition it is worth getting it checked out which is why i will be seeking a second opinion as the doctor i seen done nothing at all.

She said you can't see or know you have PID until you start trying for children and fail to do so.

Which is stupid because that means id have to wait until i want children and by then i could have silent PID and the damage would already be done.

Either way -- im going to the doctors again tuesday or wednesday and i will see if i can get more information , try push for a pelvic exam (though i really dislike the idea).

But the doctor i seen seemed pretty sure that its fairly rare + if you had PID we would know about it.
I'll ask about low abdominal pain aswell.

Im not sure what they classify that as -- like is it the same as period cramps or the unfortunate gut ache from food poisioning.

If i lay down , breathe in and then push down on my tummy it hurts from underneath the ribs as far down as the little fat pouch (spare tyre ,below the belly button) if you get what im saying. Other than that if i dont push down on my tummy i don't feel any pain , sitting down is fine , walking around is fine.

It feels as though something is swollen or maybe its literally because theres organs in there and im squishing them lol

Do you get any pain?
hey, only when i have my periods i have cramping and back pain, but i think i've always had that so it makes me confused...lol

the thing i dont get it first the doctor says you will definitely know then she says you wont know until you have kids! gah lol....

go see another doctor or gyno and make sure its a girl.
then dont mention about PID until the end of the check up. just say you want a pelvic exam and std check up from your cervix... tell her "does the nurse have to see?" and she will probably ask the nurse to stand behind the curtain so she wont see anything :)
its over within 2 minutes i promise

then at the end of the check up just say if you believe you're at risk for PID because you've read about it .... and go from there.

your replies have made me feel better about all of this xx
I get period cramps every month -- thats completely normal.

The pain is suppose to be constant.

It's annoying because she said you will deffinately know you have PID because of the pain but then there is some cases where its silent and we cant do anything until PID has already done its damage ... fabulous.
haha i know right :S so what are we supposed to do lol?

i hope we're both ok though and i hope that the next doctor you see helps you a little bit more (: maybe you and i just regret what we did n keep thinking about this stupid PID because were guilty?
I deeply regret being stupid. Im still with the same lad though. From what we can work out i had it for 8-10 months so im at greater risk of having it.

But i'll go see another doctor and see what they suggest. Surely they can do something to check for it.
yeah they can. just dont be shy with your body so everything can be cleared and you wont be worrying as much ... let me know what they say :)
good luck hun
I know I shouldn't be but i just aint keen on baring all lol it's not natural to me.
i know thats how i felt too.my doctor was a guy so it was even worse.
thats why i said make sure its a girl lol... like they see heaps of girls all the time so they wont be judging you , you know :) and its all done behind a curtain
Still freaks me out haha -- where you from (: ?
from Australia lol. :)
Gosh -- Im over in England LOL
hahaha good old internet ... its weird how we're the same age and worrying about the same thing, but from different countries lol
I know yeah -- our sexual healthy classes in school are so bad. It's no wonder our pregnancy rate is horendos and STDS even higher.
i know right. its the exact same thing thats happening here. think they should start sex ed at an earlier age since kids are having sex earlier too
Went to the doctor today -- They had a feel around my tummy because of my pains. He's not sure what it is because i have pain from under my ribs right the way down to my lower abdomen (spare tyre area) only when i push down hard on my tummy or breathe in and push down.

He said there's a chance it is PID but needs me to go back so he can do a few more things to see.

Do you get any of this pain?
wow really? .... hmmm im really not sure... i hardly ever get pains unless its time for my period. and when i push down it doesnt actually "hurt" just uncomfortable you know.

i hope everything goes well. did he seem very concerned?
let me know xx
its more like my abdomen muscles are tensing up and the pressure from my hands are making it hurt... is yours more like an "inner" pain if that makes sense :/ i feel kinda worried now
Yeah its an inner pain but i get it right from underneath my ribs to just abovemy pubis (ew) -- its more around my tummy though near the belly button and underneath.

Apparently PID causes period type cramps all the time and the pain i get is only if i self inflict it by breathing in and pushing down on my tummy other than that the onlypain i get is my period cramps.

Its annoying doctors keep saying different things
yeah i know :S im so worried now :(
did he give you any medication, ultrasound or pelvic exam ???
gaaah i need to go see a doctor soon. its just killing me. like physically i feel fine though...
did you tell him about the chlamydia too?
Nope they havent offered me a pelvic exam ,medication .. nothing.Ive brought it up and both doctors have said that the chance of getting PID is 1 out of 10 women under the age of 25. Im going back today hopefully because id rather they just give me the medication even if i don't have it just to put my mind at rest after all PID can go silent and some of the sites ive seen ALOT of women have had PID and can never get pregnant even with surgery to remove the scar tissue.
Yeah Itold them both about the Chlamydia.
you and i sound exactly the same lol.
1 in 10 is low right/ because that sounds high to me. :(
well i havent had chlamydia but then again i think that maybe the tests were wrong... and i keep telling myself that ive had a pelvic exam and ultrasound too.

do you feel better now that you've seen the doctors? or are you still stressed lol.
hey just wondering but do you have regular periods? and are you on the pill?
my periods come every month but im not on the pill so thats good right ? lol :(
Went back to the doctor AGAIN lol.

Right -- 1 in 10 is high to me as the amount of people in the world is like 90 million.
Im on the pill and my period is 4 days long every month.
Irregular periods i think you'll need to see a doctor about -- being on the pill has been amazing for me (regular periods and no babies)
Regular periods without the pill is also fine, thats normal. Im only on the pill to make them lighter and shorter.

Have you been tested for Chlamydia? If not get tested.

The doctor prescribed me 2 antibiotics today -- cost me £14 they are Metronidazole + Ofloxacin. To be taken for 2 weeks.

The doctor said to me that it is a very low rate for PID to develop but he said that he'll give me the antibiotics because he doesnt want me to panic.

Ask for Doctor if he/she will give you the antibiotics but remember i had Chlamydia so my chances of PID are higher than that of a woman who hasnt had Chlamydia.
yeah i have been tested for chlamydia gonnorhea and trich which all came back negative including pelvic exam and ultrasound. but i keep thinking they may have missed something or i didnt wait enough to get tested accurately.

i'll be going to the doctors pretty soon and i think i'll ask for them to just give me the antibiotics if it is possible. i think its more guilt and anxiety is what i have lol im just so stressed because any pain that i feel i immediatly think its PID even though its not even "painful"

i'm glad your taking some antibiotics now. i'll post the results of what the doctor said to me once i go to see someone :)
I think it's very unlikely that they would miss anything with all them tests and you came back negative. I think your worrying for nothing xx
Doyou know if PID can be passed on? Like if i had sex with my boyfriend could i get it from him lol?
but im worried that the tested were done too early and that he may have cheated on me or something. i was tested about 22 days after the last time we had sex :S
I think the least amount of time is 3 weeks. Im more than sure that as soon as that infection gets in , it will start causing a problem. Even with a pelvic exam im sure they would see something -- small DNA replicas etc
ummm no lol he would have to have chlamydia or gonnorhea or a different bacteria to infect you. seeing he doesnt have any fallopian tubes or a womens reproductive system he cant have PID lol
im stressing sooo much :( lol.
because the main thing im worried about is not being able to have kids naturally ya know. :/

anyways... haha

im so glad that they didnt seem to concerned that you had PID. what has your bf been saying about all of this? does he know?
My boyfriend thinks im being silly and i'll be fine. Im OK with IVF + adoption but i would rather have my own child -- men wont ever understand how much **** goes through a womans head until she finally has an answer.

I didn't think they could have PID but i thought id check haha
yeah guys have no idea. . i swear that i've been thinking about this every day since i got tested lol despite everything coming back normal and  being over a year ago lol. maybe you and i just stress too easily? heh i dunno. lol
I do stress to much -- over stress + ALWAYS think the worse but as far as im concerned id rather be safe than sorry especiallywith something like PID (dont want to leave it to fester +develop)
aww ... by the sounds of it the doctor that you saw must have been pretty good for giving you the medicine just to put your mind at rest. I hope the one I see is that understanding too! lol
Lucky he did -- wouldnt want to worry about it until i started having kids.
definitely! either do i.