CHLAMYDIA
COMMUNITY
Chlamydia- How long does it take this STD to cause a man/woman to become sterile??!!
by Jv85, Mar 07, 2011
I recently seen a doctor for what I thought was a reaccuring Yeast infection & found out I have Chlamydia.....That means I've had this for about a year and a couple months, and didnt known it.  I contracted this about 3 months before I started dating someone with whom I've been with for a year now.... I feel horrible because he's had some weird health issues since a couple weeks after we started dating, & now I know its because of me.  The one time I freaken have sex without a condomn and I get an STD! I feel so stupid!  I read Chlamydia can cause one to become sterile if not treated for too long. I'm only 25 ....My bf and I both want children some day....How long does it take Chlamydia to make one sterile?? PLEASE HELP! :(
Member Comments (8)
by Vance2335Blank, Mar 08, 2011
There really is no set time period, but typically it takes couple of years and even then the chance of that happening is very low. I would not worry about it at this time.
by Jv85, Mar 10, 2011
So my boyfriend got an STD tes and it came out negative. I have been faithful so how is this possible?
by Vance2335Blank, Mar 11, 2011
You either got a false positive, or he had it, got it treated and never told you about it. I lean towards a false positive.
by Jv85, Mar 11, 2011
I've read that false positive results are very rare in women...but is it possible he got a false negetive result?  He's worried now that I have cheated because of the test results, but I have never cheated.  My boyfriend is going to go get tested again.  I probably should also...even tho I took the prescribed pills two days ago?  I've been with him a year & don't want to lose him over false suspicion.
by Vance2335Blank, Mar 11, 2011
False positives are more common then false nagatives.

Since you medicated your test results will not show anything. If you had not medicated then you could retest to see if it was a false positive or not.
by Jv85, Apr 01, 2011
My tongue is kind of white now... Ive looked up stuff on that and found something called "Hairy tongue"? I think that may be what I have except mine is just white, not brown or black... I'm pretty sure the doctor was right when he diagnosed me w/ Chlamydia...Is a white tongue a symptom of that?  It has me worried so I wanted an opinion.
by yemimj, Jul 01, 2012
I. Have painful stomach pain,and also ‎​i. have an unusual discharge whitish color,i. Urinate often,‎​i. have a warm temperature ˚°º≈myº° vaginal scrathes and at times ache me,and i. A sharp pain
by Callum1234, Dec 03, 2012
I has sex yesterday I now I have been for a wee and it burnt can it take effect that quick?? Or is it just in my mind?.